Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Shadowrun
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

LongFist

Old February 14th, 2012, 07:40 PM
Working on building some of the positive qualities from the Runner's Companion - I hit the first one, and it should be pretty simple - only I have no parallel script from which to use as an example. It should look something like:

"IF <current_initiative_pass> = 1 THEN <Reaction_score> = (<Reaction_score> + 10)"

or something like that. Is there anybody who has pulled this off, and would they like to share how they did it?

I can't seem to find the "rosetta stone" for this scripting suite. I'm in the process of trying to make a Backus-Naur form for this language, maybe to help Lone Wolf by providing a GuideBook or something for scripting --- old Assembly developers die hard, apparently. But I just don't have enough information (yet), and all I have to work with is the ShadowRun source.

Still looking though - I don't give up too easily. It's been pretty fun so far - and it's not that I'm being impatient for the additional rule books - although that might be a tiny part of it - it's just that I have players that have built their characters in OpenOffice SpreadSheets because HL doesn't yet support Dragons, Menehune, or various and sundry other interesting wrinkles to make the game more enjoyable. And personally, I wish I could add them to my HeroLabs Portfolio with all the rest of the players. With 9 players at the table, HL has become a requirement!

Thanks for your time, patience, and assistance!!!
LongFist is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old February 15th, 2012, 10:08 AM
There's a special tag buried in the initiative mechanism to handle adreneline surge, but it's not enabled yet. I'm afraid this can't properly be handled yet.
Mathias is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
LongFist

Old February 16th, 2012, 01:45 PM
Shucks! I guess I'll wait patiently for the relevant release. you guys need any help, a consultant or the such? I've been known to code a solution or two (or three or more) in my time - sometimes even for free!

Love your product!
LongFist is offline   #3 Reply With Quote