Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Wruin

Old November 15th, 2012, 08:54 PM
I have created a template. I can add it to an Ogre and a Goblin. When I try to add it to a pig or a 1st level Paladin, it is not in the list (grayed or not). Why would it appear in the list for some creatures and not others?
Wruin is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
BoomerET

Send a message via ICQ to BoomerET Send a message via Yahoo to BoomerET Send a message via Skype™ to BoomerET

Old November 15th, 2012, 09:34 PM
Wruin,

Without seeing the template you created, there can be hundreds of reasons why.

Class, level, hit dice, alignment, grouping, the list goes on and on.

Maybe if you post a link to the .user file we may be of some help.

BoomerET
BoomerET is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Wruin

Old November 16th, 2012, 07:39 AM
Absolutely! Thanks!

This is very much a work in progress. The only part that is complete is the requirement scripts that give warnings when applying the template to incorporeal, elementals, or outsiders. The template makes the base creature incorporeal.

I started from a blank template and filled in everything as my best guess. The template calls for saves modified by 1/3 per HD. I expect to do this with eval scripts after I learn how.

When I apply the template to a goblin, an ogre, or a wraith, it gives warning, or it may appear in the list grayed out, but it is there. When I tried to apply the template to a pig or a 1st level human paladin player character, the template does not appear in the list at all. Here is my template: https://www.dropbox.com/s/43vmuhxk40...lagueLost.user
Wruin is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old November 16th, 2012, 07:56 AM
Check the sources you have checked (character menu...configure hero). I'll bet you pulled goblin, ogre, and wraith from the stock portfolios. Those three races/templates are among the B1 content that's available to all HL users, so for those stock portfolios, B1 is not checked.

On a saved PC, B1 is likely to be checked.

Because your template is assigned to the B1 source, it's only visible while Bestiary 1 is checked in your sources. That's why you're not seeing it on those three stock portfolios, but are seeing it on a saved PC.
Mathias is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Wruin

Old November 16th, 2012, 08:11 AM
That was the problem. I did not have B1 checked for my paladin, but it was checked for the stock monsters. Thanks!
Wruin is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
BoomerET

Send a message via ICQ to BoomerET Send a message via Yahoo to BoomerET Send a message via Skype™ to BoomerET

Old November 16th, 2012, 08:14 AM
Thanks for verifying what I was just going to point out, that Bestiary was selected under under Sources.

BoomerET
BoomerET is offline   #6 Reply With Quote