Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old April 21st, 2010, 01:58 AM
So as mentioned in the other thread I finally got a new page setup over at d20pfsrd site and have uploaded all my .user files currently to that page. It can be found HERE. Just as an FYI .user files are the custom created data sets done by the HL editor. I have several of the Pathfinder Companion books all done and available at this new page.

Want to say thanks to John, from d20pfsrd, for allowing us to have a space to store these files over on his site and anyone that becomes a contributor over their will have access to upload files or make changes to this page. Its VERY easy to do as its just a few mouse clicks actually.

I know I have seen posts from others doing the same type of books around here and I hope others share their pathfinder work as it will help us all out. If people would rather just email me the files to post instead of joining d20pfsrd that's cool as it is just a few mouse clicks to do. Just email me at shadowchemosh(at)yahoo(dot)com.

Thanks
ShadowChemosh is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Frodie

Old April 21st, 2010, 05:48 AM
Very cool stuff, thank you!
Frodie is online now   #2 Reply With Quote
Virtue

Old April 21st, 2010, 07:04 AM
Im so dumb with this program

Its great you made these but I have no idea how to make them stay I get on editor and load it up and see the stuff but have no idea how to make it part of my Herolab

But with all these companion files maybe the guys here at hero lab will just add them to the full download
Virtue is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
jreyst

Old April 21st, 2010, 07:16 AM
Hey everyone - I'm John Reyst mentioned above. I'm glad to host this content on d20pfsrd.com and if anyone else would like to help out on the site in any way we're always looking for more help. This is more of a community site than a "my" site and it can only get better by more people contributing to it. We've got great stuff so far, and this Hero Lab stuff is part of it. Thanks Tim for thinking of the site when looking for a place to store the files.

Back to work!
jreyst is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Sketchpad

Old April 21st, 2010, 09:37 AM
Awesome resource SC, do you take requests?

DT Butchino | Writer, Illustrator, Designer
DeviantArt|Facebook|Twitter
Sketchpad is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
chiefweasel

Old April 21st, 2010, 10:37 AM
Hey there, actually there already is arepository of user created files at www.cheeseweasel.net. A few folks have already contributed to it and everyone is welcome too. Thanks.

Web site - Cheese Weasel Logistics - www.cheeseweasel.net
Twitter - @CheeseWeaselGMZ
For user created content check out www.d20pfsrd.com and www.cheeseweasel.net
For video demos of Hero Lab go to http://www.youtube.com/user/TheChiefweasel?blend=9&ob=5
chiefweasel is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old April 21st, 2010, 03:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefweasel View Post
Hey there, actually there already is a repository of user created files at www.cheeseweasel.net. A few folks have already contributed to it and everyone is welcome too. Thanks.
Hey chiefweasel that it is a great resource you have done and I have pointed others to it even, but of the 3 emails I sent you with things to add only one got added. I assumed that you where too busy or Pathfinder was not as a big over of the 3.5 files which their are a lot more of.

So I guess I got impatient and started this page and I thought it was nice that anyone could join and edit the page. Its never left to just one person this way. I am not trying to step on your toes or take away from the GREAT resource you have done.

Thats all....

Thanks
ShadowChemosh is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old April 21st, 2010, 08:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Virtue View Post
Its great you made these but I have no idea how to make them stay I get on editor and load it up and see the stuff but have no idea how to make it part of my Herolab
Hmm. It sounds like you are starting the editor, but you don't have to if you just want to use these things when making a character. Just add the .user file to your herolab/data/pathfinder folder and start HL like normal. Then on the first window click on the Source you would like to use.

So in example if you are adding the Elves .user file download it to the herolab/data/pathfinder folder while HL is NOT running. Then start HL and in the Configure Your Hero window on the right side under Sources click on "Race Book: Elves of Golarion" and press OK then press OK and the feats, traits, and items from that book will now be available to you when creating a character.

That is all that is required to use these .user files. Unless you want to make changes you do not have to open up the editor at all.

Hope that helps.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
chiefweasel

Old April 22nd, 2010, 04:55 AM
Actually I have sent back email to a few folks asking for some clarification but I havent received the information i need to post the files. I beleive you were one of them.

If you have sent a file and its not posted yet, please le tme know. I will also let you know if I need more information. A guideline was provide way back when we started to assemble these files but only lawful_g has followd them. The guildelines were to ensure that all the information provided was correct and so that we didnt have to send emails back and forth and delay the postings. But as we can see things get delayed.

What would be helpful now is if someone could start to combine the files from the same books. My hope was to eventually just have 1 file that contained all the information for a single book, like the Complete Champion.

For video demos of Hero Lab go to http://www.youtube.com/user/TheChiefweasel?blend=9&ob=5
chiefweasel is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
chiefweasel

Old April 22nd, 2010, 05:00 AM
Also having mirror sites isnt a bad idea. We might want to try and coordinate the 2 locations to ensure we each have the same files.

On a side note, are you going to Gen Con? If so we can meet up there a tak about some of this.

chiefweasel is offline   #10 Reply With Quote