Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

AEIOU

Old November 7th, 2013, 04:43 PM
Soooo, I have my Merchants and I want to give them all identifiers that match their map location #'s and I want those identifiers to be prefixes rather than the default suffixes as I'd like to sort them by # rather than alphabetically. How do I do this?

This is probably so simple to do but it's driving me crazy.
AEIOU is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Silveras

Old November 7th, 2013, 05:29 PM
Have a look on the tools menu attached to the main tab (captioned "Story Almanac" or "World Almanac" as appropriate).. there's a menu option "Show Identifier as Prefix when Available"... and a second one on a fly-out menu under "Sort Topics" that reads "By Prefix Identifier"
Silveras is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
AEIOU

Old November 7th, 2013, 08:45 PM
I wasn't clear. If I go to Manage, Categories, Merchant and you remove protection, the option for Identifier is grayed out. I cannot change my Merchants to have prefixes instead of suffixes. In every case I can think of, I would definitely prefer prefixes as the default rather than suffixes.

Is this inability to change operator error or the current build of RW?
AEIOU is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Silveras

Old November 8th, 2013, 05:04 AM
They're separate things.
Once you add an Identifier, the menu choice on the main tab of the navigation window (not the individual topics, or the category definitions) allows you to use it as a prefix for sorting (instead of a suffix). That appears to be a global setting that would apply to all Topics in all Categories.

What I'm describing is something I see in a relatively new Realm that I have not customized at all. What you're talking about in your follow up post is different. I'll have to look into my own realms later and see if ones where I have customized the categories look different.
Silveras is offline   #4 Reply With Quote