View Single Post
Murrdox

Old October 21st, 2018, 04:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daudvyd View Post
Murrdox, that makes a lot of sense and also makes me more interested in Shadowrun. I'm focused on investigative campaigns (crime, mysteries, etc). I'll take a look at this "legwork" you mentioned! As for putting each piece of information in a separate "snippet", does that mean a separate text line? Or did you create some sort of custom snippet type?
Here's a great example of what I do for Shadowrun.

In Shadowrun, there's all sorts of different ways you can go about doing Legwork. When you perform Legwork, you're usually making a social test of some kind. Maybe a technical test if you're researching on the Matrix. Shadowrun uses a system of "successes", where each 5 or 6 you roll on a 6 sided dice is a success. More successes is better results, and characters can be throwing anywhere from 4 to 20 dice on a skill depending on how good they are.

So in this example you can see the NPC "Whiskey Finger" and the Legwork available for him. This was a mysterious NPC using an alias that the players needed to track down. Each bit of legwork describes where that information could be found, and the number of successes required to get that information.

Here in this example you can see that my players did Matrix research on Whiskey Finger, since I've revealed those two snippets to them. They never did any street research, or asked the local militia about him, so those tidbits of information remained hidden for them.
Attached Images
File Type: png Shadowrun Snippets.PNG (271.1 KB, 49 views)
Murrdox is offline   #7 Reply With Quote