View Single Post
ShadowWalker

Old September 26th, 2018, 06:44 AM
Quote:
Presumeably you'd put it on whatever is granting the language, if you have authored that pick. If it's something you don't control, then a mechanic might work. I'm not 100% clear on what you're trying to accomplish, so I can only speak in generalities.
Each church has a language that is specific to it, so those that can cast divine spells have a language specific to that church.

Quote:
I'm not sure what you're asking here? A script will run unless you tell it not to in that script.
I've tried putting scripts on mechanics and they don't run. I'm guessing it's because they need to be bootstrapped or some such. I really don't know how mechanics work at all.

Quote:
You can define a tag of the "Custom" group on any pick, even if it is used elsewhere.

For example, if you wanted to define the "Custom.123" tag, you would go to any pick in the editor, click the blue "Tags" button in the upper right, click on "click to add another tag" at the bottom, enter "Custom" in the space for "Group ID" and enter "123" in the space for "Tag ID". Save your change to the pick, and reload the game system, then your scripts should be able to apply the new tag as you need.

Note that not all Tag groups are dynamic and accept user created tags. You can't for example, create a new "Helper" tag. Custom is kind of a general catch all intended for users to mess around with and use as needed.
[/QUOTE]

I had no clue I could do this with tags. will make life easier. Thanks.
ShadowWalker is offline   #5 Reply With Quote