View Single Post
SAbel

Old January 19th, 2014, 06:53 PM
I have watched some of the videos on YouTube about showing off the "next System" D&D Next With R&D: The Lich-Queen's Beloved Part 1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjXF01pu97c

Its the R&D team playing the game and it is enough to make sure I do not purchase this game system! All the things that I dislike about previous versions of D&D are laid out in this part 1, rules lawyering, ambiguous combat (locations and movement/actions) poor spell casters searching through the books to figure out what they can do, Players threatening to kill each others characters, and a guy (I know who he is just do not ant to put his name here) who thinks that you have to act like a Jerk to play a Dwarf (MC Mix-a-lot) "in character" {really it only took 10-15 min to make that waste of a character} and this is to attempt to draw me into the game system!

I honestly believe that WOTC/Hasbro has decided to make sure this version flops, and then they will sell of marketing rights for the use of D&D in other settings (Digital media games ect) and then after a few years possible sell the rights to publish D&D to another company. While they cut the RPG staff down to bare bones under the reason the game is not doing well.

All of this makes me a very sad person. I will continue to play 4E (and other RPGs) but have no desire to purchase or play NEXT.

I am not attacking anyone that is looking forward to it and I wish you fun times in your settings, adventures and campaigns. NEXT is not a system for me and unfortunately to WOTC their marketing data is counting on me (I have purchased every version of the game to date usually in multiple copies for over 30 years along with many people with in my game group.) I never jumped over to Pathfinder (since it is based on the 3.5 rules lawyer system) and have not only played but sold people into the game.

I only Wish I could be able to go to Winter fantasy 2014 to be able to play in the end of the LFR 4E setting.

These are my personal thoughts, I mean no harm to others by them.
SAbel is offline   #10 Reply With Quote