View Single Post
MNBlockHead

Old September 26th, 2015, 01:27 PM
Rather than ask for piecemeal modification, I would just like the ability to customize and setup relationships as I see fit. I married into a Chinese family, have lived in Taiwan and had to get added to a "household record" there, and have learned a fair bit of the language. In Chinese, especially in more formal usages, there are completely different terms for relatives on the paternal versus maternal sides. And, in Taiwan at least, it is not just a matter of culture, but of legal import as well. It determines whose household record you go on, which in term is used to determine local residency for voting, etc.

Just like some of us go a bit crazy with our calendars and politics in our game worlds, I can just imagine the kinds of fun we could get into with relationships. What would happen with, say, an intelligent race of plants who reproduce based on some intermediary pollinators? Or an advanced species that gave up random sexual production for cloning based on traits some governing body ensures perpetuation of? Hive colonies with only one breeding "queen"? And there are guaranteed to be many more far out there examples.

RW Project: Dungeons & Dragons 5th edition homebrew world
Other Tools: CampaignCartographer, Cityographer, Dungeonographer, Evernote
MNBlockHead is offline   #10 Reply With Quote