View Single Post
coeranys

Old November 5th, 2010, 12:23 AM
Where do Feature Requests go? Currently a lot of stuff seems missing/not working properly. I found most of these while building a Half-Elf Paladin (as will become clear) but I'm sure some similar stuff exists for other races/classes as well. If they'll be acted upon in a timely manner I'd be happy to go through and find similar things for other combos.

1) Powers that allow you to use one of two stats currently default to the first stat it lists. For instance, Ardent Strike for the Paladin can use Strength OR Charisma for attack and damage, but HL only shows the stats with Strength. There should be either a dropdown to choose, or it should choose the highest modifier (the second one is probably the better option since there's never really a time you'd want to use a non-optimum stat for attacking.)

2) Taking a multiclass feat doesn't tell HL that you are that class for the purpose of qualifying for other feats, so if I take Student of Battle to multi-class into a Fighter, it doesn't register me as a fighter and any future Fighter feats I take show up as incorrect.

3) It doesn't seem to calculate bonuses correctly in some situations, especially re: untyped bonuses. It seems to consider the source of the bonus, and not the type of bonus conferred. For instance, the Epic defense feats (Epic Will, Epic Reflexes, Epic Fortitude) are specifically untyped bonuses, but don't seem to stack with other feat bonuses. Additionally, some items which provide an Item Bonus to a defense (Diamond Cincture, for instance) don't actually apply to the defense in question. Some others do, but that one in particular does not.

4) Weapons that are also Implements (Holy Avenger for instance) don't get used as your implement for any implement attacks you may have.

5) If you are a Half-Elf and you take Versatile Master to use your dilettante power as an At-Will, it still registers it as an Encounter power.

6) If I am higher than level 21, it doesn't update the damage shown for my At-Will powers that have moved to do 2W damage at this level.

7) At higher level, the Feats on the character sheet are spread out across four different columns on two different pages.

8) Certain class features (as with Paladin) have to be taken in place of others, but the program still lists you as having all of them available to you instead of having you choose one.

9) Many of the class features are cut off, and it also lists all class feature for, for instance, your Epic Destiny, even if you aren't high enough level to have access to them yet, without indicating that level restriction on them, so you have no way to know if you even have access to a power listed on your sheet.

10) It doesn't actually list any passive properties of any of your items anywhere, and while it lists their at-will, encounter, or daily powers, it doesn't actually say what those powers do, only that there is a power associated with the item.

You have a real chance to pick up a lot of users with WotC making an unpopular change to their character builder, but it will take some spit and polish.

Last edited by coeranys; November 5th, 2010 at 12:38 AM.
coeranys is offline   #1 Reply With Quote