View Single Post
TheIronGolem

Old January 20th, 2018, 02:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by insaneurge View Post
Thank you both! Changed the script to:

Code:
~ Generate our level for bonus

#skillbonus[AllSkills] += round(herofield[tTotLevel].value/2,0,-1)
Of course nothing happened. Finally realized I hadn't changed the timing
Since you mentioned that this works off of class level, I'll point out that tTotLevel isn't quite the field you want - unless you meant to say character level. There's a separate field for class level. The difference will be important if/when you have characters who have class levels on top of racial Hit Dice. You just want to make sure you're using the one that matches your intent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by insaneurge View Post
Another unrelated and probably simple answer. What tag would I use in a bootstrap to assign a custom racial trait at different levels. Something like ClSpecWhen but for races?
There's no tag for that as far as I know. What you can do instead is use conditional bootstraps, with the condition being "count:Hero.HitDice >= X" (or "count:Classes.? >= X" if you care specifically about class levels and not overall Hit Die count).

Another thing you can do is bootstrap the ability with Helper.SpcDisable, and then have a script remove that tag if the hero is sufficiently high level. The conditional bootstrap is generally cleaner, though.
TheIronGolem is offline   #7 Reply With Quote