View Single Post
Fenris447

Old March 23rd, 2022, 08:38 PM
Okay folks. I'm wrapping up update 3.6, so it's preview time. I could regale you the snowball-effect-laden journey of jumping from one outstanding book to another. But I'll keep it short: every Critical Role and Magic: The Gathering-related WotC supplement is done. Like... completely. Hence the title of this update: Gathered Critters. Check out the highlights:

The Big Stuff in 3.6
  • Call of the Netherdeep - the whole thing; items, monsters, and a pair of adjustments that you'll find useful when adventuring through this Critical Role campaign.
  • Explorer's Guide to Wildemount - The monsters and items are done, completing this older book that explores the world of Critical Role
  • Mythic Odysseys of Theros - The items and monsters are done, completing this older guide to a Magic: the Gathering setting. There's also an adjustment that'll let you use the artifact weapons without worshipping the god they come from. I won't tell them if you don't.
  • Plane Shift- These mini MtG settings guides have been half-done for years. Now all the remaining monsters, (sub)races, feats, and even a subclass are finished, so we can close the book on them.
  • Adventures in the Forgotten Realms - We already did the monsters in this MtG tie-in adventure series, now we've finished them with their items.

Next Patch (3.7) and Beyond
Believe it or not, we're almost there. The only physical book that isn't completely programmed now is Acquisitions, Incorporated. And even then, it's just:
  • The items
  • The jobs within their organization and the ranks within those jobs
That's it. There's also the Nerds Restoring Harmony promotional PDF adventures. They're pretty light on content, but I'll program in the items and the more complicated monsters for them as well.

That's all for the official 5e content until Journey Through the Radiant Citadel hits in June. If I'm missing an official, released part of 5th edition, please, please tell me.

From there, I have three things I'm planning on doing:
  1. Relaxing. It's been a long couple of years working on this hobby.
  2. Working on some UA; not necessarily at the level that it's releasable into the pack, but at least to the point that I can easily pivot it once the content gets published.
  3. An extreme rarity for me and for the pack: a piece of 3rd party content. I won't say what it is, and I won't promise I'll actually figure it out. But I'll be a jerk and tease it; it's possibly the most popular 3rd-party crunch in all of 5e, and I'm at the point where I want to do it just to prove to myself I can.

As for other 3rd party content, I'm going to stick to the policy outlined here.

Found an issue with or have a suggestion for the 5e Community Pack? Please post it here at our GitHub.

Feel free to stop by the Lone Wolf Development Subreddit, for discussion of any and all LWD products and community efforts!
Fenris447 is offline   #983 Reply With Quote