View Single Post
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old January 20th, 2016, 11:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CptCoots View Post
I'm going to play around with this then. I know it would involve a HUGE (read impossible) overhaul but it would have been nice to impliment damage as a number of dice and the side of those dice sort of thing (i.e. two number fields on the pick) rather than a single block defining the damage. That way it could be abstracted to two arrays of numbers so things like 2d6+1d3+1d4 are natural.
So your comments made me think about a feature that is coming "soon" that maybe helpful for you. I am going to be adding in Pathfinders "extra damage" logic. Normally its made for Sneak Attack Dice or Flaming weapon. So that a Longsword would display as 1d8 plus 1d6 Fire. But the "plus 1d6 fire" is set by a script. Meaning that you will "soon" be able to easily display 2d6+1d3+1d4 for damage.

Along that same thinking when I am in that "area" of weapons making the above change. I will look at how hard it will be to break the "dice" values of the "main" weapon down into two Variables. Variables that can be changed at say "Final/100+" or something. So in example for a Greatsword 2d6 we would have "wNumDice" holding 2 and "wDiceSize" holding 6. I should be able to allow a script timing "window" where those values can be changed before I display them in the UI.

Please note that "Soon" means many months still but needing to add the "extra damage" logic is bubbling to the top of the list.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #5 Reply With Quote