Thread: Projector view
View Single Post
jkthomsen9

Old January 21st, 2015, 03:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Lord Galen View Post
No, is the correct answer.... As has been stated in this (and many other threads (including the kickstarter) LWD isn't taking RW in that direction. It is why they are considering a partnership with D20pro.
I am not arguing this point. The only reason I stated it might happen sometime in the future was due to a conversation I had with Rob doing Paizocon. He stated that they were leaving the door open to possibly to go that direction in the future, but had no plans to do so anytime soon. So in my mind it is not impossible but also not probable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Lord Galen View Post
Yea, there isn't alot of "extra code" IF.... REPEAT IF.. you simply want to mirror the displays. (same info on all), based on your previous posts, I am not getting that impression. It seems you would like multiple displays that could be modified and displayed uniquely... that is a lot of code.

Right now RW simply (simply for this discussion) takes what the Master Realm Creator wishes to display (via Reveal) and puts it to that screen selected for player view.

IF I am correct in my presumption, you would want to have "reveal" based on screen, PC, or Player? And code would have to account for all that sorting (to over simplify). The basis for that code, MIGHT exist in the near future to build from when the market place, Character level reveals and other programming code are complete. IT would still, even after the existence of the new code, require more code to distinguish monitors and the ability to do so on the fly as player view does. Currently the RWPE is "revealed" only via syncing for each individual player (ie owner of RWPE) that has an accepted invite to a realm. Most likely the RWPE wont have character based reveals except by syncing as well.

So with out a means to sort the code out to the proper display, IMO, I don't see this happening for years.
I know next to nothing about coding. So I put things in this forum to see what is possible, what is probable, and what is just way out. You and I have similar setups. IIRC you use a VTT program to your two monitors in your table and player view to the monitor behind you. I do not use a VTT at all. We prefer to use mini's.

What I would like to be able to do is send the smart image of the map to my projector so I can use fog of world to incrementally reveal the map as they explore, and be able to send picture (simple) images of the NPC's and Player handouts to the the monitor behind me.

Information that would be interesting to me is to see how many DM's in our community are using more than one screen to display information to their players. And of those that do how many are using a second program to run their maps?
jkthomsen9 is offline   #24 Reply With Quote