View Single Post
zarlor

Old September 8th, 2013, 08:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by atimrogers View Post
Hi,

I have a couple of basic SW character sheet output questions/issues -- they may well be discussed in the help files somewhere, but I couldn't find them on a quick search.

1) Weapons stacking -- I can stack weapons in the program, thus having "(6x) throwing knives," for instance, instead of six separate listings for one throwing knife each. However, my character sheet seems to drop the stacking multiplier for weapons, even though it includes the multiplier for gear -- thus, (6x) throwing knives becomes "throwing knife" on the sheet while (3x) water prints out as 3x water. Am I correct in this, or have I messed something up?
I get that too. Probably a bug I just haven't mentioned here yet.

Quote:
2) I haven't pushed the character sheet output to its limits yet, but I see some indications that the sheet, not including journal, is limited to a single sheet front and back. Is this correct? I ask because I notice that personal details seem to be limited to a single column on the back of the sheet -- anything that exceeds this gets cut off. I also noticed from output examples in the help file that Pathfinder output gives you many more options, such as spells and spellbooks. I thought you might need these in pathfinder so that the base character can appear on one sheet and the supplementary material appears on additional pages and that this is a feature not implemented into the Savage Worlds module (other than the journal).

Thanks,
Tim
Agreed, it's not implemented and is one of the reasons I've asked, in the requested features thread, if the character sheet data files might possibly be
implemented in a way that would let us modify it. Right now that main sheet is compiled into the program, essentially, and the only way to modify it would be to copy it out as another game system so the source file could be changed. If is could be compiled on the fly, like .user files are, then we could modify it ourselves.

They have given us the "Custom Output" method, though, for modifying sheets (just like Pathfinder has) but you need to be skilled in XSLT to really do anything with it. A couple of guys on the Pathfinder side seem to have those skills and have made some pretty good custom output sheets there, but for Savage Worlds I'm the only one I know that has even tried it and the best I could do isn't pretty, plus a few things were missing from it (the missing stuff I mentioned in a thread here a LONG time ago, but maybe we'll see it in the update coming in a few weeks.) But all I did just puts anything I could find into a kind of grid with full descriptions and such. Definitely a bit... unwieldy. Not pretty at all.

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Data files authored (please let me know if you see any issues with any of these if you have/use them):
Official (In the downloader)
50 Fathoms, Deadlands: Hell On Earth, Deadlands: Noir, East Texas University, Necessary Evil (requires Super Powers Companion), Pirates of the Spanish Main, Space 1889 (original file by Erich), Tour of Darkness, Weird War II, Weird Wars: Rome
Coming Eventually
Evernight (LWD has completed their review but I have some fixes to make first... although Pinnacle mentioned this might get an overhaul to SWADE so I may just wait for that first. If you just HAVE to have this now, though, just PM me)
zarlor is offline   #2 Reply With Quote