View Single Post
Madmaxneo

Old June 3rd, 2015, 07:18 PM
Why is every so often my typed posts simply disappear before I am able to post them?

Many times my players have asked me what year it is. The first time this happened I had to look it up in my game session notes (which are rare and usually hard to find). At times they have asked me what season it is. I usually go with whatever season is current.
Just the other day I was asked about seasonal holidays (they are on the calendar) and I gave a generic answer. But I will probably forget by the time it becomes current.
I have been told I am a good GM, but my players don't notice the flaws I see all the time.
Like my horrible lack of keeping world game time.
I can barely wait for the day they finally add the calendar system. There is so much I need to add and tweak once it is in place.

In the meantime, does anyone know of an alternative way of keeping track of the calendar in the world? Is there a web page that has that capability or some way that the players can see the timeline as it happens? Hopefully something I can link to Realm Works the players can click on to access....

FYI, I have a FB page for my game. Are there any kind of timeline add ons for Facebook?

Bruce

GM of HARP, Rolemaster, Spacemaster, Dreamchaser, Savage Worlds, and a myriad of other not so well known systems.
Software I use for gaming: Realm Works, Inspiration Pad Pro, Ebon, Aeon Timeline, Scrivener, Syrinscape, Hexagon, Fantasia Archive, OneNote, and a spreadsheet program.
Mapping programs: CC3+, MapForge, Worldographer, Xara Photo and Graphic Designer 10.
Programming experience: Java and Javascript (Maptools and PDF programming).
Madmaxneo is offline   #13 Reply With Quote