View Single Post
ronlugge

Old August 6th, 2020, 02:50 PM
So I can't decide if this is a bug and should be filed as such, or a feature enhancement I should be asking for and left as just a forum post.

For context, I tend to build my characters using herolab because it lets me rapidly iterate and experiment on a concept. I could technically do the same thing with a PDF and AoN, but meh. For actually gameplay, I'm often using a platform like FantasyGrounds where I need to build the character in the software.

So I was building a character up in FG, basically transferring from HL to FG, when I ran into a small oddity: my bulk's didn't add up.

Finally I tracked it down to something simple, stupid, and difficult to fix.

A waterskin, empty, has L bulk. A waterskin, filled, at 1 bulk. Your typical adventurer can be assumed to be carrying their waterskin around filled. FantasyGrounds therefore defaults the bulk of a waterskin to 1.

Herolab uses the base bulk of L, with no way to set it to 1.

Hence my dilemma. Is this a bug? Not really, the data is [i]right[/], or at least right-ish. Is it a feature enhancement? Well, no, because this really is a core rule that's being misdone since the bulk of a filled waterskin is 1.

I'm spinning 'round and 'round, and can't make up my mind.
ronlugge is offline   #1 Reply With Quote