View Single Post
Azhrei

Old June 26th, 2019, 04:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ualaa View Post
The server access fee is quite reasonable, in my opinion.
There you go, I fixed that for you.

Quote:
And a lot of the advertised options of HL Online were rather neat.
Our group is looking forward to having one person cast a party buff, and having it hit the entire group without needing to enable an adjustment on each character.
Meh. MapTool can do that right now and has had this capability going back... five or six years?

Quote:
And having a VTT able to grab the current version of a character, means not needing to edit the VTT version, every time there's a change to the HL version of the character.
Meh. Jamz (heavy HL user and big MT contributor) added portfolio support to MapTool. Just navigate to the folder containing the portfolio then drag/drop onto the map. It imports the portrait image and the stats. Pretty tough to beat.

And that said, it's extensible because the various components are not controlled by a for-profit company but by the community and the maintainers of the open source code. (Disclaimer: I'm one of the latter.)

Quote:
For our group, we'll gladly jump to HLO, once Pathfinder 1e (with 3pp HL file support such as the Community Pack, Legendary Mythic stuff, Drop Dead Studio's Sphere files etc) are supported on HLO.
Not enough value for me. And I'll look at the official PF2E when it's out, but I've got a lot invested in 1E so I'm not in any hurry. I do have to decide whether I'm going to cancel my Paizo AP subscription, though. I've been a subscriber since AP#1...
Azhrei is offline   #10 Reply With Quote