View Single Post
melemkor

Old December 29th, 2020, 06:51 AM
This thread has brought up but hasn't answered the question I'm most curious about - how to roll spell damage? When you bring up the spell dialog box, all it has is "d20 + spell attack", and no damage dice are provided like there are for weapons... This is going to be a *significant* stumbling block for one of my players.

I've been exploring, trying to find a work-around for this, and the closest idea I've seen yet looks to be an old Hero Lab trick - creating a "custom weapon" which can then be loaded with the dice needed.

The new issue I'm running in to is that I can't set what stat the attack roll is based off of (this program is already much more click-heavy than other similar tools I've used, and I don't want to go to one panel to roll the attack, then switch over to the weapon to roll the damage). Does anyone have any tricks for changing a weapon to-hit from Str/Dex to Cha, for example?

(I understand HLO isn't there yet, but a dialog box where I could type in "3d8+2d6+5" and roll would be *awesome* - the generic dice roller is usable, but requires a ton of clicking.)
melemkor is offline   #7 Reply With Quote