Thread: Hero.Epic
View Single Post
Nightfox

Old December 2nd, 2016, 05:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
I will take a look maybe this Sunday. Just won't have time before then. Sorry.
no worries, with what you've given me here, I'll post a file shortly to test.
* WARNING * it will be ugly and incomplete, but it will be a start for the rest of us.

Quote:
Allot of what I see is small syntax issues that would cause HL to freak out on. The "concept" I think is ok but the code syntax is off.

This:
Code:
hero.findchild[ClassList,fieldval:cIndex = X].setfocus
Needs to become this:
Code:
hero.findchild[ClassList,"fieldval:cIndex = 1"].setfocus
Of course I missed something, I wouldn't be me if I didn't
I'd been playing with that particular concept since yesterday. I was fairly certain I had to use fieldval, but I couldn't get it to work. Quotes, so simple and yet so important.

Quote:
This script. I have no idea what your trying to do. SORRY!
No worries, it just seemed like one of these things I had to try. And yes, it was trying to assign a User tag based on a value in the Pick.

Quote:
findchild[] is almost as bad as foreach loop. The only difference is that you only ever get back "ONE" Pick instead of many. So the first Pick you get back better be the one you need.
Since the cIndex is unique it should only return the desired pick. However if it is that bad of a process suck, then the single foreach loop would be better then a bunch of findchilds.

I'll move forward with my findchild solution for the short term to share and post it here. Hopefully we can use variables to define paths and picks. if so, I'll offer a foreach version which will probably be easier on the system then the findchild.
Nightfox is offline   #33 Reply With Quote