Thread: D&D Next
View Single Post
RavenX
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old November 19th, 2015, 07:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MNBlockHead View Post
Oops. They are asking about the video game, not the Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide.

I'm annoyed by the mixing of the video and ttrg properties. It is like they are trying to get me away from the table and play the video games. I think it is neat what they are trying to do with creating a video game where a DM can create adventures and lead players through it, but won't come close to the TTRG experience.

Give me digital tools that help prepare for and D&D at the table.
This isn't a new concept, they did this with Neverwinter Nights by Bioware years ago. The game had DM tools for making your own adventures and you could post them online for people to play. You could build some pretty good sized adventures but there was a learning curve as you had to know a bit of computer code to actually set wandering monster patrol routes. It's all stuff they did before and isn't what I'd call new. They're just resurrecting old mechanics they used to have. Sad that the survey is about the video game though. I wish they'd just focus on written content right now.

My 5e file has come pretty far. Hopefully I will get to test it out soon with a group of gamers for printed sheets at least.

RavenX Pronouns: She/Her

Please do not PM me to inquire about datafiles I coded "for personal use" such as Exalted, World of Darkness, AD&D, or Warhammer 40K Roleplaying. I appreciate your interest, but I do not own the Intellectual Property rights to these game systems. Nor do I have permission from any of the Publishers to distribute the data files. As such, I cannot distribute the work I have done with community on these files. They are "for personal use" only. Thank you.

I am far too busy these days to answer emails. If you message me here there is no guarantee I will get back to you at all.
RavenX is offline   #226 Reply With Quote