View Single Post
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old December 2nd, 2010, 02:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liedros View Post
My only concern is knowing if Lone Wolf is planning on supporting the authoring kit, it seems like the wiki page hasn't received any update for a long time.
Somehow, I completely missed this post when you made it and the new posts brought it to my attention. Sorry about that.

The Authoring Kit is going to be supported as long as the product itself is. Not only are the Savage Worlds and D&D 4E game systems built upon it, EVERY other game system we support is built upon it. All of the data files we create in-house use the same mechanisms. We just document them through the Authoring Kit.

That being said, your observation is correct that we haven't updated the wiki in quite awhile. That's due to two factors: (a) being spread way too thin and (b) very limited use of the authoring kit by users such as yourself. Writing up all the details of every mechanism will take us weeks to complete, and those are weeks that can instead be spent focused on adding new features and game systems that users are clamoring for. Consequently, we've taken the approach of answering questions and explaining things when someone asks how to achieve a particular goal using the Kit. This same philosophy applies to a number of specialized new mechanisms that have been added to HL itself but haven't been documented in the wiki yet because they aren't useful for most game systems.

So please post whatever questions you have. We'll do our best to provide answers and point you in the right direction on how best to accomplish things.
rob is offline   #8 Reply With Quote