View Single Post
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old October 30th, 2016, 03:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamz View Post
Is there a way (or will there be a way) for multiple users to share a "Content Owner ID"?

For example, say 3 friends start a "company" and produce content for the market, can any of the 3 update said content? Same question for a "Community Project"...

Or should we just, say, share the DB raw via something like GitHub and the users would have to check in/out the whole DB to modify content?

I guess another way to "Sheriff" this whole thing would be someone, lets say ShadowChemosh, offers a "Community Base Realm" and other users submits individual books as they do them. The sheriff's job would be to import them into his realm, make sure things are good, then publish the combined effort?
As @Farling indicated, shared access to a realm would require multi-user support. And multi-user support is quite complicated in a disconnected model like RW. So that's not going to be possible out of the gate.

Your idea about having one person merge the content from others into a unified whole would (I think) work well from an operational standpoint.

An important thing to keep in mind is IP considerations. RW introduces the ability for users to fold IP owned by others into their realms. That's perfectly fine for your personal use to run your games. However, sharing that material can quickly become a problem. Even with OGL material, there is typically a mixture of Product Identity material mixed in, so users will need to be careful about properly excising the PI material from the OGL material that can be freely shared. I'm assuming that some users will be diligent about that, while others won't be. And the moment that there is a collaborative effort, whoever the "consolidator" becomes will need to police that aspect appropriately.

This is all readily achievable, but I feel it's important to keep everyone mindful about these considerations, lest it get glossed over and somebody gets into trouble unnecessarily.
rob is offline   #50 Reply With Quote