View Single Post
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old October 13th, 2016, 05:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AEIOU View Post
Announcement is a good word for the news updates. But if I'd read that announcement last week was actually for an announcement of an upcoming announcement I would have given you a bad time all week.... Because that's just silly. Spit it out and get back to making updates.
The "natives" were getting restless here on the forums, in a few threads in particular, so we simply let you all know that a big announcement was coming in the newsletter. That had the desired effect of taking the edge off in the threads where some folks were getting restless and interpreting silence as a bad thing. We didn't have all the details worked out in order to DO the full announcement, but we felt it was important to "throw a bone" to the folks who wanted SOMETHING from us, giving them a concrete timeframe in which to expect lots of details. Those will come out tomorrow.

This just goes to show that, regardless of what we do, somebody is going to disagree with it. So it should come as no surprise that we've adopted the strategy of not saying much these days, allowing us (me in particular) to focus more on the development side.

Oh, and "Announcement" *IS* a good word for news items.
rob is offline   #9 Reply With Quote