View Single Post
AEIOU

Old June 26th, 2014, 12:17 PM
Quote:
My related UI suggestion would be to use keyboard input for filtering or selecting in the select tag dialogs. I'd like to type a partial match and filter down the items in the list to only matches, but selecting the first matching item or selecting the next item whose first letter matches would be better than what we have now when the list is long.
Agree, this would also be very helpful.

And sorry I wasn't clear. What I get for editing my thoughts too much.... I'm definitely not seeking more tag fields. There are too many similar ones spread across several categories already. I've collapsed all the existing traits into PERSONALITY and PHYSICAL.

Rather what I'd like is a tag with some manner of structure that would allow us to organize how the tag options are presented to us. I honestly don't know how/if it could be done but a single long list isn't as useful as it could be. I think what I want is some way to create "tag tables" or maybe just show multiple columns?

Why tags rather than text? Tags are useful because they are built-in to every topic and don't require any other tabs or windows. Text fields would work coupled with an external list of words to select from.

Thanks for helping to refine!
AEIOU is offline   #4 Reply With Quote