View Single Post
Kendall-DM
Spy

Old May 24th, 2013, 09:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CptCoots View Post
RavenX: the .value business does not work. Give it a whirl. You get the error: Attempt to access a field 'kClass' defined with an incompatible style. Expected 'normal'.
Not having the data right in front of me, and having not done a lot of work recently in HL, I do recall that those in which .value and .text do not work is because they are arrays. So they would be .arrayvalue[index] and .arraytext[index], where the index starts at 0 and goes to whatever.

These kinds of arrays occur when more than one level (or whatever they represent) needs to be tracked, with index position +1 equals the level. So a first level character's skill points are stored at index position 0, and so forth.

I will take a look at this later tonight and see what I can. I have converted all my game's classes to variants (in order to easily implement my house rules without having to do a complete rewrite). I think I added class skills, and don't think I removed any, but I'll check and see if I can find what is what. Chances are, you're having a timing issue (which is important) when you're removing your class' skills. Timing is very important in HL, and often many of my failures are due to changing something in a later phase when it's results have already been determined in an earlier phase. When I remove tags, I always do it very early, usually the first phase at timing 0.

Of course, sometimes even that does not work, so I'll take a look. Where there's a will, there's a way. Another thing is to check that you have selected the variant class when making the character, if you don't, you get just the base class (the non-variant). I'm always forgetting to choose my variant class on the variant tab.

Last edited by Kendall-DM; May 24th, 2013 at 09:53 AM.
Kendall-DM is offline   #8 Reply With Quote