View Single Post
Barahoote

Old September 5th, 2016, 10:44 AM
Hello everyone. I am new to programming / editing Hero Labs and have a few questions.

I was wondering if anyone has a way to permanently change a character's size. I have a race of elves in my game that for the most part are the same as regular elves with the notable exception that they are diminutive rather than medium. Their stats should be adjusted accordingly. I was thinking that the easiest way would to be to copy the elves race and just change the size to Diminutive then save them as a new race, but there is a lot to it and i am not certain everything saved correctly. Thought about a shrinking spell that could just be on them, but read a few things in the forums that make it seem that is not the best way. Does anyone have any helpful advice.

Also in my game I have a house rule that at first level (and first level only) PCs and special NPCs get con VALUE added to hit points rather than con adjustment. So a rogue with a 14 con would have 22 hp at first instead of 10 hp. At low level this makes for a significant improvement to survival. This should of course adjust retroactively as well. If that same thief at level 18 has an inherent +5 and an enhanced +6 con for a net Con score of 25 then his hp at first should be 35 and his total hp should equal 35 + 17d8 + 119.

That is a significant change to a core mechanic and I am reticent to rush in without consulting the experts.

Thank you everyone in advance. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Barahoote is offline   #1 Reply With Quote