View Single Post
Sendric

Old July 1st, 2021, 07:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by edgelett View Post
Hi all,

My druid is lvl 8 and about to hit lvl 9 and sadly my wolf animal companion died due to a fireball and a failed saving throw.

I want to take a dire wolf companion and when I read the players handbook it says the dire wolf is effectively 6 levels lower (level -6)
I removed my old companion and added a dire wolf, and then levelled up to level 9. I should mention I have one level of Animal Lord (wolf) prestige class, and according to the Complete Adventurer, as I've taken a companion of the wolf class then my whole level (9) should count rather than my druid level (8) for determining my animal companion's levels.

But looking at my companion in hero lab, it's saying level 1-6 Dire Wolf and indicates it 'starts' with 6 hit die.
Shouldn't it be a 3rd level dire wolf since i'm level 9?
and therefore shouldn't it have an extra 2 hit die, higher AC etc?

is it an issue with the dire wolf or possibly an issue with Animal Lord?

Any input would be great thanks.
Two things:

1) The Animal Lord Class Special is not scripted correctly. This will need to be fixed. I'll make a note.

2) Where does it say you use all your Druid levels for your animal companion? What I'm seeing is that you add your AnimaL Lord level to your Druid level for any wolf or dire wolf companions. Granted, this still isn't working correctly as noted above.

Edit:
The Animal Lord classes are all going to need a bit of work to get them working properly. In the meantime, please change the script on Animal Bond - Wolf to the following:

Code:
if (hero.childlives[cAnimComp] <> 0) then
  hero.childfound[cAnimComp].field[CompLevAdj].value += X
  hero.childfound[cAnimClass].field[CompClLev].value += X
Endif
Where X = the number of class levels you have in Animal Lord (Wolf). I'll make changes so this updates automatically with the next release.

Last edited by Sendric; July 1st, 2021 at 08:13 AM.
Sendric is offline   #2 Reply With Quote