View Single Post
Murrdox

Old October 30th, 2018, 08:55 AM
Hey folks,

I'm working on populating Realm Works for Infinity (2D20 sci-fi game) and I'm coming across some issues with how I should be including NPCs and "Monsters" in the game. Could use some assistance in the best way to organize this.

Infinity doesn't have "Monsters" per say, but there are various NPC types, like Pirates, Gang Members, Mercenaries, Troopers, etc. I have entered these basic NPCs into my Mechanics Reference under "Dangers" as Monsters / Enemy. No problem here.

What I'm having trouble with is the best way to build out my Scenes. In Shadowrun this was pretty easy to do. I would just have a Hero Lab Portfolio for the scene, and I would link it in the Hero Lab snippet. Done.

Obviously there is no Hero Lab support for Infinity 2D20, so I'm trying to figure out the best way to do it. If the scene just requires some vanilla bad guys, then this is pretty easy, I just list out all the enemies in the scene, and Realm Works turns them into clickable links to the list in the Mechanics Reference. No problem. But special NPCs are giving me trouble.

I needed a hacker for a scene. I don't really want to add this single hacker to the main Adversary section in the Mechanics. He's just going to show up in this scene alone. I created an Adversary Template to use for all my adversaries, but I can't easily duplicate the template for a Mechanics reference and put it in a topic for an Individual.

So far the best I've come up with is that I'm going to have to create another template in the "People" section for an individual, and make a template there. I feel like this is going to result in a lot of copy/pasting though when I'm generating NPCs.

Just curious how other people are organizing this, and if anyone has suggestions.
Murrdox is offline   #1 Reply With Quote