View Single Post
dmbritt

Old October 19th, 2018, 07:15 AM
Death by Map Pins... I only see this as a problem in a monolithic solution where you are trying to put everything on one map. I am a big fan of Divide and Conquer. Divide everything up into manageable chunks.

Separate your world view into two groups .. one for political areas and one for geographical areas. Then, you have 2 maps(one for each of the preceding groups) which are HIGH LEVEL maps that contain the MAJOR areas. You then place pins for ONLY these two groups... These pins link to topics of the areas and they contain sub-maps. These sub-maps are smaller than the main map and are intended for a more detailed view where towns and other points of interest can be placed as map pins.

These sub-maps can simply be cropped(cropped to represent the area near the pin) versions of the main map or they can be new detailed maps if you have access to such. Either way, you only have the pins you need on the map you are currently looking at.

So, this is my disclaimer, what I wrote above is my theory about how I want to organize my Realm. I am watching videos by Ken Shaw and Josh Plunkett, about the best experts I can find on Realm Works, to see if they have anything to say in their videos that changes my mind.

Edit**
Here is a link to my main Political Locations:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/nwzjypdpmq...sDemo.png?dl=0

Last edited by dmbritt; October 19th, 2018 at 07:27 AM. Reason: Added Link
dmbritt is offline   #15 Reply With Quote