View Single Post
JackOfAllGames

Old February 4th, 2013, 10:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krimson View Post
The Cinnamon GUI is what I liked about Mint, and it's easy enough to install in Ubuntu and replace Unity. I stopped using it because Windows 8 was cheap to upgrade and the fact the latest iteration of Cinnamon dropped support for the ATI Radeon chipset, which meant none of my laptops could use it. Mint 14 was thus a no go for me. Though for fun I did put Mint 12 LXDE on a 10 year old Toshiba satellite, and it works well enough for an old laptop.
Ah. Very good to know. I'll still look at Mint. If their GUI is dropping AMD Radeon support, I probably won't want anything to do with them though. If it's just the older ATI cards, I may still be fine. I'll just need to verify what the laptop uses. I prefer to stick with similar OSes - I'd prefer not having different Linux distros on different computers and my desktops all have AMD Radeon graphics cards. I'm not happy with the recent direction of Ubuntu (first Unity, then 3rd party search integration enabled by default) so I'd like to take a look at an alternative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
Hero Lab would see each of your OSes as a different computer, even if they're actually on the same hardware. Each copy of Hero Lab that you purchase is licensed for use on two computers (with the option to purchase license numbers for 2 more computers, for $10 each), so it would take two of those licenses to cover both OSes in a dual-booting computer.
Ahh. I kind of figured that was going to be the case. Thank you for the clarification.

Last edited by JackOfAllGames; February 4th, 2013 at 11:58 AM.
JackOfAllGames is offline   #8 Reply With Quote