View Single Post
kbs666

Old August 8th, 2018, 05:59 AM
The story almanac is a view of the global almanac. In short it is a subset of all the topics in your realm that you can populate as you see fit. right click on any topic and choose assign to views and choose story almanac, you can create your views as well. This is handy for when you have a large realm and want to only have the topics relevant to a particular adventure visible for a session.

Events are simply topics useful for describing things that happen at particular times, these happen to be useful in describing stories. You can use this to describe a linear story. The storyboard allows for a graphical representation of a story.

I would setup the story you describe this way:
setup: The Inn would be a location (you might want or need to reuse it at some time in the future). I'd then create a scene detailing the social encounter at the Inn where the PC's get the job just make sure to make sure that you clearly link the scene to the Inn in the scene somewhere.
Episode 1: I'd create a location for the missing coach since the rest of the adventure occurs there and there is likely a map.
ep 1, Act1: I create a scene for the initial encounter describing the finding of the coach and the fight with the beastmen.
ep 1, Act 2: You could just continue this in the scene from above or create a new scene making sure to make clear what triggers the transition between the two in the first scene.
ep 1, Act 3: This should pretty definitely be a new scene. The beastmen flee, a storm has hit and the PC's are trying to investigate the coach in the wind and rain.
Episode 2: Another scene. They find the merchant and can have the social encounter to find the MacGuffin of Great Doom.

Since this is pretty linear there really is no need for the storyboard. I'd just use prefixes on the topics under a storyline topic named after the adventure.

my Realm Works videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZU...4DwXXkvmBXQ9Yw
kbs666 is offline   #2 Reply With Quote