View Single Post
Flappi

Old July 9th, 2010, 04:43 AM
Doesn't the first solution have some problems with bootstraps ?

Let's keep the above example: Weapon Finesse is modified in Alice's game but not in Bob's game. I duplicate the feat, use the "replace thing id" and use the condition "!source.Alice" in the ContainerReq; and I create a new feat with the source "Alice".

Now, in Alice's game, I create a wizard, with a familiar. The familiar automatically has the feat "Weapon Finesse", and in the file structure, it is translated by a bootstraps: the familiar race has a bootstraps with Weapon Finesse. With the "replace thing id", the bootstrap is now the feat with the CotainerReq's condition "!source.Alice" (and that's why "replace thing ID" is very convenient: you don't have to care about any other things, any script/bootstrap/anything will point to the replacing thing), and then, the bootstrap is simply ignored. Am I wrong ?

For now I use the second solution; and if Bob use some of the Alice's house rules, I copy the things accordingly in the .user file. But it can be tedious if the house rule has many interdependencies, like a class variant, with new custom class abilities and variant of class ability: that's why I think it would be very convenient to add an option for "conditional id replace".
Flappi is offline   #3 Reply With Quote