View Single Post
Ravencloak

Old August 28th, 2007, 06:52 PM
Thanks, Colen, you've definitely pointed me in the right direction and I see how I can easily bootstrap in automatic languages. However, it's a bit more complicated than that...isn't it always.

They also use these regions to determine which additional bonus languages (beyond those assigned by race) are available to a character. Evidently, in the Forgotten Realms not all languages are available as bonus languages for humans, instead the character's home region determines which languages are available as bonus languages.

So, unless I miss my mark, it looks like I need to learn more about scripting and portals. I think that I need to figure out the name of the portal responsible for allowing bonus language picks and then "enable" the appropriate bonus languages by setting their values to 1.

I'm certain I'll run into more problems along the way but for now I haven't got a clue as to how I identify the name of the portal. While I'd greatly appreciate just getting the name of this specific portal, I'd be even happier if you could tell me in general how to go about "finding" the names of portals.

Brian
Ravencloak is offline   #3 Reply With Quote