View Single Post
AndrewD2

Old April 19th, 2012, 08:44 PM
Alright, so I'm working on some feats that I can currently divide into 2 groups for this question.

Part 1 - The easy one

I'm working on a feat that gives extra bonuses based on what a flying creatures maneuverability is, but I can't figure out how to target maneuverability in the if statement.

Part II - the not so easy ones

I'm also inputting a set of 3 feats that do something different based on the domains you have. I had a couple different ideas, but I haven't tried either yet, because both will require a lot of typing.

Idea #1 - If elseif statements. Basically doing eval scripts for each one that will have a bunch of if/elseif statements to get all the info in. I'm sure this would work, but it just doesn't seem like the best way.

Idea #2 - Ability bootstrapping. This idea is to great an individual ability that matches for each domain and then bootstrap them to the feat with conditions that check for what domains they have. Personally I think this will likely be the easiest one, but I'm not sure it's feasible.

And finally a question about design philosophy. When creating a new race, if it has spell-like abilities similar to that of a gnome (where in the rules they're under the ability Gnome Magic) should you create the main ability and then bootstrap the SLAs to that and then bootstrap the main ability to the race, or do each one individually to the race?

Thanks,
Andrew
AndrewD2 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote