Thread: any updates?
View Single Post
meek75

Old September 5th, 2019, 02:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greebo View Post
In all propability you are right, EightBitz.
even though this utter silence speaks volumes.
Since RW launched there has been mostly silence with a few bursts of communication. In the early days things were better, but for years now it has been very poor communication from LWD.

I would be willing to pay for a major update if it means we get major updates. If it was easy to get my stuff transferred out of RW I would have done it already. For now, I am only using RW with a game I have been running for a long time. All my more recent games are sans RW. I will probably just use google drive from now on for organization. Now that google drive is easy to sync and use across devices that will work fine for me.

The product as it is now would be an OK product, except that it is not dependable. Myself and others have way to many crashes and sync errors for me to trust it. Add to that the generally poor customer service that LWD offers for RW and it is a risky venture.

Maybe someday there will be a top tier GM tool for managing games, but that day is not yet here. I have not been swept off my feet by other products out there either.

If D&D Beyond continues to grow as it has been that may become a great option for D&D DMs in the future. The way they communicate with users and make steady updates is very encouraging.
meek75 is offline   #11 Reply With Quote