View Single Post
PGoodman13

Old December 28th, 2018, 10:52 AM
Okay, finally got a chance to get into this and look around.

Building a Constitution-class refit; series is set in 2295. The app doesn't choke on this like the "official" online app, which doesn't allow for variation in things. The core book, for some unknown reason, says the class was retired in 2290, which is silly on the face of it considering ST6...but I digress. Your data set lets me build the ship in the year I want so I don't miss out on a refit. I like this.

It tells me that I've overspent on Traits, but there's not a specific number of traits set out in the rules. Every ship starts with one, but there isn't a set limit. Some of the examples have two or three. I don't think we need to have the Traits tracked like that, but there may be a good solid programming reason for it, so....

Weapon damage is coming up wrong. Phaser banks add 1 CD to the damage, and the ship should have basic phaser damage of Scale + Security, so in the case of this version of the Lexington (Scale 4, Sec 3), total phaser damage should be 8 (7 base plus 1 for banks). It shows 5.

Photon torpedoes should be 3 + Security, so in this case 6. It shows 4.

I can send you the portfolio for the ship if it'll help.
PGoodman13 is offline   #30 Reply With Quote