View Single Post
RavenX
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old April 20th, 2019, 10:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EightBitz View Post
Except that they don't have support. I had an issue with a 3rd party product a while back (a product purchased through the official Hero Lab web site), and I was told I had to go to the 3rd party for support.

Just because LWD sells 3PP content, that doesn't mean they support it.

Community projects, at least, are open and accessible for anyone to try to fix any issue. Purchased content is locked down, so if the publisher doesn't fix it, you're SOL.
3rd party content has to be added by someone who knows what they are doing. However, they're responsible for paying the coder to do the work and for the tech support involved as its their product. If they don't hire a coder on a contract that includes tech support, you probably aren't getting any issues resolved. 3rd party content should be added with the same degree of functionality you'd expect with Pathfinder, but its up to the 3rd party to ensure the content meets quality expectations as Lone Wolf has a lot of work on their plates as it is with the official content and doesn't have time to do QA on 3rd party content.

RavenX Pronouns: She/Her

Please do not PM me to inquire about datafiles I coded "for personal use" such as Exalted, World of Darkness, AD&D, or Warhammer 40K Roleplaying. I appreciate your interest, but I do not own the Intellectual Property rights to these game systems. Nor do I have permission from any of the Publishers to distribute the data files. As such, I cannot distribute the work I have done with community on these files. They are "for personal use" only. Thank you.

I am far too busy these days to answer emails. If you message me here there is no guarantee I will get back to you at all.
RavenX is offline   #10 Reply With Quote