View Single Post
Dami

Old January 14th, 2023, 02:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cid View Post
Is there any software that can help me translate my (Admittedly vast) data to something I can put into Obsidian.md? I'm worried that WotC will come for Realmworks.
RW is a system agnostic tool - you put into it what you want. (Plus its on your computer - is WotC really going to show up at your door and tell you to unistall?)

Why would WotC care about RW? If they wanted that cancelled, I'm sure any program/system that stores [or could store] D&D data would be in the same situation. They aren't going to be shutting down MS Word even though I have heaps of D&D data stored/created with it.

No-one really knows what the 1.1 OGL will be, if it actually happens. There's too much debate about what it MIGHT effect, and whether any of the OGL/licencing is legal to restrict in the first place. I'm seeing a lot of panic with people worried that "X" is going to banned/cancelled/pulled/unavailable. Don't panic! This might be the end of WotC, but its not the end of D&D and all its material or related systems.

That said, if Obsidian works for you, maybe it's a better choice. RW certainly isn't going anywhere or getting updates.

Current RPG's: Pathfinder (GM), Pathfinder (Player), Gamma World (GM, Pathfinder homebrew).
HeroLab: 3.5 & Pathfinder. HL User Files for PF: Greyhawk Setting, Gamma World (WIP).

DM and player of D&D since 1980.

Last edited by Dami; January 14th, 2023 at 03:02 PM.
Dami is offline   #3 Reply With Quote