View Single Post
EightBitz

Old June 27th, 2019, 05:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phrll View Post
It looks like LWD *is* going to an exclusively online model. From what I've read here on the Forums, Starfinder, Pathfinder 2.0 and Shadowrun 6 will only be available online, no HLC version. If they continue this trend with other new games and versions, HLC will soon be obsolete because it won't support any current games.

I've been using HLC for a long time and will continue to use it as long as I'm playing or running the games it supports; it's by far the best character generator I've used in 40 years of gaming (including ones I've written). I'm not a big fan of online-only services of any kind, but I use them if I don't have another option so I'll probably use HLO if I start playing something only available there.
Exclusively online would mean migrating everything to HLO and HLO only. OP says that they will not be able to continue using LWD products. Maybe I'm reading that context wrong, but it suggests previous use which suggests HLC. If you've already purchased products for HLC, it doesn't make any sense to me to stop using it just because HLO is subscription.
EightBitz is offline   #106 Reply With Quote