View Single Post
Dark Lord Galen

Old January 18th, 2015, 02:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyos View Post
I feel I have to adress this, as I am no troll (at least I hope I am not)
Based on your response here, your probably not (as a "Troll" would not respond as you have). Often posts, emails , etc are a poor form of communication, because they lack voice inflection, body language and tone.

Quote:
but I do not shy from harsh truths often, and that is off-putting to people.
Nor am I, and like you, have no problem with calling out people. I was raised in a place (TEXAS) that silence is consent, and wont be silent simply because it's easier for other people.

Quote:
I felt I was accused of ignorance about Evernote's scope as a company and I responded, because I know their operation quite well, especially technically.
That is why all the rambling about Evernote is there. The list at the bottom is a footnote with the asterisk being used as a reference/hyperlink. Hope this was clear, I somehow feel it was not to you.
Yea I "got that" and did note the asterisk, a simpler response / approach for those curious on Evernote (IMO) is simply add a link, and save the narrative. I for one found it less than useful since LW is simply not going to "start over" to make it "like Evernote" or any other program.

Quote:
I have a lot of respect for what LWD have accomplished as a company and I happily pay for their products. I do the same with Evernote.
Good to hear.

Quote:
My constructive point is that to achieve the biggest (to me) improvements RW would have to go through a technical revolution.
It is, without mimicking other software. It is miles ahead (even in its current state) to any other campaign management software ever created. And I have used 99% of them. I (and probably a few others) are some of Rob & LWD harshest critics, but we are also some of their biggest fans.

Quote:
I have yet to see a statement that says this is totally out of the question. Even if it is out of the question, is this reason to not point it out at least? I know my words were harsh....
harsh isn't the word I would select.. my words were "harsh" ... addressing someone like you responded below, this is simply "rude "
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyos
]I will take this as an insult (or proof of ignorance on your side)
Quote:
...... but I also feel a bit you are forbidding everyone to daydream what RW could be in the future because that would not be immediate contributing.
Not at all, Dream away... I do.. I long for the day of Herolab being live interactive, have the HP, conditions, everything update on the fly, have it auto-update to realm works, hell if were are DREAMING.. would it be grand to record sessions and realm works take that recording and transcript it into text that could then be subdivided into snipits...and on and on...

But then there is the reality..... of LW resources and time, of Software limitations, and of not totally re-inventing the wheel, but adding and improving what does exist.
Quote:
I accept that I could have expressed everything nicer, but this will not change my opinion about it.
Not trying to change your opinions, that is what a good fact based debate is for, just attempting to change how you express it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyos
To post something topic relevant, the idea by Viking2054 offers a solution for many of my wishes for RW without the need for full-fledged multiple-gm support and seems feasible. So it gets support from me, will post in the other topic too.
I agree
And as someone else wisely expressed....
Welcome to the Forum

DLG
Dark Lord Galen is offline   #66 Reply With Quote