View Single Post
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 14th, 2019, 05:17 PM
It's time for another update...

As you've probably heard (it was announced last week), we're performing a massive server migration to a new hosting provider tomorrow. This migration was prompted by repeated problems we've had with our previous hosting provider - problems which some of you have unfortunately experienced the effects of.

We have about a dozen different servers for a wide range of purposes, most of which are in communication with one another. Doing something like this properly entails a huge amount of preparation and testing. and we've been gearing up over the past couple weeks. We need to make sure that everyone's data comes across in perfect order and that everything has been quadruple checked before we cut over. Since we're bringing ALL the servers across at once, it means we're migrating Realm Works, Hero Lab Online, Hero Lab Classic, Sales, internal development servers, etc. There are a LOT of pieces, and a lot of details involved.

Needless to say, we're swamped with the migration right now, and we've been highly distracted from development work since this migration became an urgent necessity (i.e. for the past couple weeks). So I don't really have anything of substance to report regarding Realm Works in this update. A bit of forward progress has been made on the development side, but nothing of note to share. Once we get the migration completed tomorrow, things will hopefully begin to get back to normal. By the end of the week, I expect we'll be back to getting pieces of the Content Market into place again. And then I'll hopefully have some progress to report on Realm Works development next week.

Thanks, Rob
rob is offline   #13