View Single Post
Dark Lord Galen

Old February 13th, 2017, 07:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Illyahr View Post
We really can't do much with Favored Enemy as it's buried too deeply in the code for us to manipulate. .................
As for variant classes, just select it from optional rules when customizing which books you are using. Making a variant is cleaner than making an entirely new class.
I ran into this when making a variant class called the Knights of Luna for my campaign (World of Greyhawk).

I ended up as a workaround making a feat out of it. It shows up in the variant as a "bonus feat" and under the special abilities and in play tabs.
Down side is doesn't show up in the favored enemies window of the class tab and you have to have additional feats created that will also account for progression in later levels. You will also have to adjust the nuber of feats the character can have to account for the ability, but that's easier than digging thru HML for the Favored enemy ( I never could get it to fully work. I could add enemies, but would not let me select what was displayed)
dlg

D&D> Pre 1e White Box Edition, 1e, 2e, 3.5 Currently, Set in the World of Greyhawk (The first, longest running and Best Campaign Setting)
Software>Extensive use of all forms of MS Products, Visual Studio 2012, DAZ 3d, AutoCAD, Adobe Products.
Gaming Specific>Campaign Cartographer, D20 Pro Alpha & BattleGrounds Beta Tester, World Builder, Dungeon Crafter, LWD Hero Lab, Realm Works, Inkwell Ideas Citybuilder & Dungeon Builder, Auto-Realm, Dundjinni
Contributing Writer for TSR, WOC, & Canonfire
Dark Lord Galen is offline   #684 Reply With Quote