View Single Post
Sebastrd

Old February 9th, 2010, 07:39 AM
Quick disclaimer: I am not currently a Lone Wolf customer, I was completely unaware of this issue until I saw it referenced at EN World, and at all times following I am referring to the "improper" use of the Army Builder trademark.

I absolutely recognize Lone Wolf Development's right to keep others from using the term "Army Builder" in the proper name of a competing product. You got to it first, and fair's fair.

However, to expect that should preclude anyone from using the term "army builder" in a generic sense referring to products of its type is absolutely ludicrous. The term is so generic that not using it in reference to such products would actually be a pain in the neck. It would be akin to banning the term "wheelchair" when referring to wheelchairs simply because someone trademarked the name for their product. What else would you call them in everyday conversation?

I don't assume that Lone Wolf is attempting to quash all "improper" casual use of the term "army builder". I would hope you are reasonable enough to understand how foolish that would be.
Sebastrd is offline   #2 Reply With Quote