View Single Post
zarlor

Old November 17th, 2015, 11:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapedCrusader View Post
We went in a slightly different direction with this one.
In prior Settings, items that required a bootstrapped Skill or Attribute, we'd have you set up custom items for those that you wanted to use, and set up that bootstrap yourselves.
In the Sci-Fi Companion, we set up separate tables to add these Skills and Edges, right on the Cyberware or Robotics tabs, eliminating the need for bootstrapping.
Let us know what you think.
I think that's definitely the way to go. It gives some extra flexibility to the players that I think will make things more usable overall and cause less confusion for those folks wanting to do that on-off thing without the intimidation of using the editor to have to do it. I also like the weapon customization in that it now appears to all be in there and I may end up selecting Sci-Fi Companion as a default source even in non-Sci-Fi settings just for that added flexibility in configuration.

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Data files authored (please let me know if you see any issues with any of these if you have/use them):
Official (In the downloader)
50 Fathoms, Deadlands: Hell On Earth, Deadlands: Noir, East Texas University, Necessary Evil (requires Super Powers Companion), Pirates of the Spanish Main, Space 1889 (original file by Erich), Tour of Darkness, Weird War II, Weird Wars: Rome
Coming Eventually
Evernight (LWD has completed their review but I have some fixes to make first... although Pinnacle mentioned this might get an overhaul to SWADE so I may just wait for that first. If you just HAVE to have this now, though, just PM me)
zarlor is offline   #10 Reply With Quote