View Single Post
MNBlockHead

Old May 16th, 2017, 08:07 AM
I like the cards, but for me Paranoia is mainly for "one offs". It do get the flavor of advancement by playing long sessions (about 8 hours). The cards and their role in action sequence is a fun mechanic that mixes some card play and bluffing in with your role play. I wouldn't like such a mechanic in D&D, but it works well for Paranoia. But you are right, the equipment cards are more for "special" items. They don't print multiple cards for lazer pistols for example. If they came out with a deck with multiple cards for more common items, I'd buy it. I'm not planning on making a lot of content up for my games, as I just will not play it more than a 2-3 long sessions a year.

BTW, did you get the GM screen? Is it worth it? The picture on Mongooses site tells me nothing about the screen. Neither could I find details on the KS page. I was also surprisied that I couldn't find a YouTube or blog review with pictures. I'll probably use The Worlds Greatest Screen by Hammerdog games to have my own custom made reference tables.

RW Project: Dungeons & Dragons 5th edition homebrew world
Other Tools: CampaignCartographer, Cityographer, Dungeonographer, Evernote
MNBlockHead is offline   #5 Reply With Quote