View Single Post
MagicSN

Old May 3rd, 2014, 11:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe View Post
Printing will come, but it is not as high priority as other features. The main reason is that Realm Works data is meant to be used live at the table, so the GM can keep up to date with what they players have learned via progressive reveal.

When you print out a topic for example, you immediately lose out on a lot of powerful features Realm Works has to offer. Especially if you're already bringing it to your table on your iPad, we'd like to start leveraging the cloud so you can access your data in your iPad's browser. I'm pretty excited for that.

Again, that's not to say we won't be making printing available, or even that printing won't come until after everything else is done. But whatever we put into place will likely be basic and no-frills, at least for a while, since printed content is so different from the overall Realm Works vision.
I recently bought Realms Works and discussed it with the other GM's of our group. One of them bluntly said "if you cannot print it is useless". While I do not agree with such a harsh comment I agree that printing is very important.

iPad support is useless for us as all our GMs only have Android Pads available, no iPad here. And at least one of us 3 GMs prefers print outs to using electronic gear (that's the one with the "useless" comment ^^)

So a +1 from me for Print support (actually a +3 as all 3 GMs agreed, printing is needed when I showed them the program). It is probably NOT needed for all components. Where it is absolutely vital I think is the plot parts as well as the map with pin points stuff. And it would be "nice to have though not vital" in other parts.
MagicSN is offline   #42 Reply With Quote