View Single Post
Toblakai

Old January 31st, 2020, 02:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dami View Post
But... you did, originally! LW had stated that the systems in HLC would be brought across to HLO. I note that this intention isn't in the HLO FAQ anymore. Now there's just a reference to "Classic users will have the option to migrate any content we duplicate in Online." I can still see Rob's HLC/HLO post where he says "Once we have those game systems ported over to Hero Lab Online, new material will come out for both products." I read that as an intention to duplicate HLC system in HLO even though that doesn't seem to be the case anymore.
If bringing PF1 across is too difficult, what does that mean for all the other systems?
I suspect that PF1 is now back burned because the ROI is going to be low. No new products are coming out for PF1 so how can they invest the time and money to support it when they won't get much new income from it? I suspect Rob's comment was pre-PF2.

I personally would really like to see PF1 for HLO because that is what I play mostly. But I already own most of the PF1 packages, so they wouldn't get any new money from me and I am already using Starfinder for HLO so the annual maintenance cost would not be "new" income.

Now I would support a kickstarter to hire a contract developer to do the porting...
Toblakai is offline   #6 Reply With Quote