Thread: V2.3a Released
View Single Post
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old November 27th, 2008, 03:46 AM
At 12:58 AM 11/14/2008, you wrote:
Quote:
A note about the download procedure - I started up HL, it checked for updates, found them, and I clicked on the one at the top (d20). AFTER the 17.5MB download, it told me that the file was for a newer version of HL, and I had to install the new version of HL first. It also didn't have the file stored once I did update HL itself.
We're still trying to come up with a good solution to this. Keep your fingers crossed that we can think of something appropriate.

Quote:
Also, I have a seperate datafile set derived from d20. I had to download the d20 package seperately for each of the two game systems. It also renamed the other data file package to d20, with the package's name in smaller text below it (everything wtill works correctly).
This is something we never really considered. When you retrieve a file, it is automatically downloaded into the "download" folder beneath where HL is installed (e.g. "c:herolabdownload"). So after you download a game system once, you can use the "Import File" mechanism to simply import that same file into a new location.

We never thought about what would happen if the user opened the config file and renamed the game system. I've put this on the todo list, and we'll see if we can come up with something to solve this.
rob is offline   #4 Reply With Quote