View Single Post
dungeonguru

Old October 26th, 2018, 04:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mergon View Post
Even when we the community can add official material, we HAVE to change the basic text by at least 20% to meet copyright requirements.
I wasn't going to comment on this until I saw some of the other contributors chime in. The text changes alone are a headache, and a turnoff for any "purist" out there.

I've contributed in the past and got tired of all the personal requests to get some homebrewed class that was found on the internet into the community pack or create it for them for *free*. I also had some large personal changes in life and just don't have the time to contribute.

I started with zero knowledge of the editor, and just a small bit of skill with scripting but not in the language used by the editor. I spent a small bit of my free time to learn and was able to help with VGtM within a year of buying a license.

My personal experience is that 95% of the monsters and spells go unused in most campaigns, so my personal files just have character options that are being used by myself or people running in my campaigns. If you limit your scope to just what's being used, its easy to learn how to use the editor. Just do it one subclass or monster at a time.
dungeonguru is offline   #10 Reply With Quote