View Single Post
spamthulhu

Old October 15th, 2018, 10:02 AM
Its been 8 months since the Community SRD has been updated.

Adding in content is not simple, intuitive, or built with any intuitive methodology. No interfaces that make easy additions of races, classes, or anything else with out coding skills.

This is not the advertisement you get while being sold the product. The community pack was sufficient for a while to build characters but now it has become a problem.

Working with Adventures league characters or any of the new material that is coming out regularly has become a hassle. I am posting this because it is a criticism. Reliance on people with other jobs and lives to fill out your product without adding a simple system to add new content as a buyer is a problem.

I am sad as I like this product but there is only one character sheet output that has problems. We are now 8 months on since the last community update and that update was lacking a lot of content and had a few bugs that interrupted some builds.

I am at the point where I am looking for another solution and a patreon maker has built a simple yet advanced PDF that does what I paid for here. I am complaining as I understand that LoneWolf can't add the content but they haven't made tools for me to write my own content without learning coding. I bought a character builder software and I can't even make a character being required to manually fill in each field. I have to code a database of content prior to outputting a character.

If you are considering buying this product, I would say don't until the Community content is shown to be supported better because otherwise the product is vastly lacking without the effort of users. We buy this program and have to have someone else make the system for us to use.

Just consider your purchase and don't be surprised when the character you build is limited to what players can get to work in the software. DnD Beyond is not a reasonable solution to me so I guess its back to pen and paper for me
spamthulhu is offline   #1 Reply With Quote